[Tutor] (no subject) [case studies in Python]

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 14 19:48:51 CEST 2004

On 14 Jul 2004, Snehangshu  Karmakar wrote:

> Thanks for the reply it was quite nice surfing the site but i want a
> scenario to be presented which very precisely comapres Python with other
> OOP languages.If u can suggest me something in this regard.

Hi Snehangshu,

In that case, you may want to look at Alan Gauld's "Learning to Program":

    http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

His tutorial uses several programming languages, including VBScript and
Javascript, to better illustrate the ideas of programming.

As far as a general point-by-point comparison between Python and other
languages, you may want to look at the Language Comparsons page:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/LanguageComparisons