[Tutor] Cross version site-packages equivalent?

israel at uandmedance.com israel at uandmedance.com
Tue Jul 20 20:44:50 CEST 2004

hello there.

I've been wondering if there is a recommended way of storing/installing
modules in a site-packages equivalent that isn't tied to any one
particular version of python.  Is there?  I've tried to keep all of my
own stuff in various directories throughout my hard drive and have been
using .pth files as of late to let python know they are there, but when
I get large packages like wxpython, they usually want to get stuffed
into whichever version/lib/site-packages that they were intended for.

How do you folks manage upgrading python or having multiple versions?

~Israel~