[Tutor] ComboBox with Tkinter

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 23:30:13 CEST 2004

> and I thought a combobox should act the same way:
> self.cb = Combobox(frame7, -1, choices['choice1','choice2'], value=
> 'combobox')???

Tkinter has no combo box widget, you need to get PMW for that.
A Google search should find it, and frankly I don't know why
they don't just add PMW to the standard library. It is pretty
much essential for serious Tkinter programming.

> I haven't figured out what arguments HAVE to be there and what CAN
> there.

Using the Tkinter tutorial and reference guide helps a lot.

> Can I handle this without wxPython?

Yes using PMW (or building it from scratch which is what PMW does for

Alan G.