[Tutor] A bit long, but would appreciate anyone's help, if time permits!

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 24 22:01:11 CEST 2004

Roel Schroeven wrote:

 > Just add this to the end of normal(s):
 >     transposed = zip(*v)
 >     print '\n', transposed
 >     withindices = zip(transposed, range(len(transposed)))
 >     result = min(withindices)[1]
 >     print '\n\n', result, r[result]
 > Instead of transposing via zip(*v) it might also be possible to generate
 > the data in that way in the first place.

I just took a closer look at your code, and I noticed your list q
contains exactly what you need. That means you don't need the first zip,
you can just do

     withindices = zip(q, range(len(q)))
     result = min(withindices)[1]

Or alternatively, maybe it's better not to keep track of the indices and
just do a search in the list:

     result = q.index(min(q))

"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven