[Tutor] Please critique my Fraq.py

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Sun Jul 25 19:34:05 CEST 2004

At 10:10 7/25/2004, Alan Gauld wrote:
>That's because IDLE catches SystemExit.
>It quite reasonably assumes that you don't want to restart
>IDLE every time you run your program to an exit.

(You're referring to the use of sys.exit().)

But if I hit F5 to run a program I've been editing in IDLE, I have to
restart the program anyway if it exits via sys.exit() (because, as you
say, it catches SystemExit). I hope I'm not being obtuse here, but that's
the way it seems to me.

Thanks for your persistence in trying to help me about this.

Dick Moores