[Tutor] source code processing

Steve lonetwin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 12:33:27 CEST 2004

Hi Dimitriy,
     Just a suggestion, even though you mentioned you were a newbie to
python ...

> I'm writing a script for retrieving comments from Delphi code and preparing
> documentation. Something like javadoc utility. I'm a newbie in Python and I'd like to see
> the way such tasks are usually done.
      I have never worked with Delphi so I do not know if it provides
doc-string like features through the language itself. However, the way
that I would go about seeing "...the way such tasks are usually done."
would be by looking at the source code of similar tools whenever
possible.
      Although, you might already know this, since you didn't mention
it, I'd like to point out that python has an equivalent of javadoc
called pydoc(*). You can examine the code of the modules 'pydoc' and
'inspect' to see how things are done for python.

Just my 2 cents ...
HTH
Regards
Steve

(*) run </path/to/your/python/installation/>/pydoc.py pydoc to see what it does.