[Tutor] tkMessageBox options

Dragonfirebane at aol.com Dragonfirebane at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 23:31:01 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I'm reading a tutorial on Tkinter, but its a little sparing on the details.
It says to change the icon for <tkMessageBox.asquestion> I have to use options,
but it doesn't say how. I tried to implement it myself using different
variations of the code below, but each time I got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Program Files/hello.py", line 16, in -toplevel-
    filerror()
  File "C:/Program Files/hello.py", line 6, in filerror
    if tkMessageBox.askquestion(title="File Error",message="Cannot open this
file:\n%s\nWould you like to open a different file?" % fn, icon='WARNING'):
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\lib\lib-tk\tkMessageBox.py", line 91, in askquestion
    return _show(title, message, QUESTION, YESNO, **options)
TypeError: _show() got multiple values for keyword argument 'icon'

I don't know what I'm doing wrong or right or where to go from here. Any help
would be appreciated.

def filerror():
    try:
        fn = raw_input("Name of file to open: ")
        fp = open(fn)
    except:
        if tkMessageBox.askquestion(title="File Error",message="Cannot open
this file:\n%s\nWould you like to open a different file?" % fn, icon='WARNING'):
            filerror()
        return
    else:
        for line in fp.readlines():