[Tutor] mode??

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 27 03:09:22 CEST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Kent Johnson wrote:

> Here is one way to do it. This will find the mode(s) of a list of any kind
> of items, not just numbers.

[answer cut]

Hmmmm... next time, it might be best to wait for a bit, and hold off on
direct answers until we know more.  I don't think it's enough to give
answers --- we have to find out why Jason had trouble with the problem.
The root cause for his difficulty is still an unknown.

We have no idea if it's because he's misunderstanding the definition of
'mode', or if he's having problems with using Python's data structures
effectively.  From what he said earlier, it sounded like he didn't
understand what 'mode' meant, but that's only my guess.

I guess I'm trying to say: don't do his homework!  *grin*