[Tutor] Ideas for beginning programs?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 22:14:30 CEST 2004

HI Bryan,

> Hi everyone. I am new to the list. I am going through the
> tutorial at python.org, ....
> .... I have to learn during my lunch breaks because
> I only have net access at work.

You can download the documentation to the PC.
If you use Windows the documents (including the tutor) are part
of the standard windows install package.

And of course my more basic tutorial is available in multiple
formats for download including Palm doc and PDF... :-)

> present me with some good ideas for programs to write
> using the concepts I have studied so far?

Try an address book or a cd/video database.
You might want to look at file handling too so that you
can save the database between sessions!

Also the "Useless Python" web site has a whole bunch of small
(and not so small) projects to try.

Alan G