[Tutor] Any modules for validating data?

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Sun Jun 6 01:17:30 EDT 2004

Are there any modules to assist in validating input data?

I'm doing a small application with a lot of user input, and want to
validate the data before proceeding.

For example, one piece of data (call it DATA_A) may need to be an integer
between 1800 and 2004; another may need to be an integer between DATA_A
and 2004, etc.

I was wondering if there were any modules that simplify this sort of
thing.

Perl has Data::FormValidator, which looks like the sort of thing I'm
looking for (albeit somewhat overkill for me, but it'd certainly work).