[Tutor] KeyError

Dragonfirebane at aol.com Dragonfirebane at aol.com
Mon Jun 14 17:50:59 EDT 2004

In a message dated 6/14/2004 5:43:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
orbitz at ezabel.com writes:
This reply may come off as harsh, but I beleive it is in your best interest to
follow it.

Delete this code and start from scratch.  What you are trying to do can be
done
in atleast half the amount of code you have given, and much cleaner.  You
should
really be passing parameters and using more generic functions.  This is really
not like anything any python tutorial teachs from what I've seen. Looks like
you
are taking bad practices from other languages an dusing it here.

Please, just rewrite the whole thign from scratch. If you take the time to
think
it over you should come up with something that works better, in less time, and
far easier to debug.
Whether or not I take your advice, I would like to have something to build
off of for the new attempt, which means that i will need a semi-functional
program (the one i'm working on now). So regardless of whether or not i start over,
i must first finish this attempt.