[Tutor] a byte of python... error with while statement?

Derek Pienaar derekp at sentechsa.co.za
Fri Jun 25 11:19:47 EDT 2004

Halo Guys.

Is there an error in the documentation or code example for
the "while" statement?

Look at the code for the example, and then read the second paragraph
under the "How it works" section... It mentions that the variable stop is
set to true BEFORE the while loop... From what I can see its not.

Ive mailed the author without but he's not responding.

The page for the abovementioned can be found here:

http://www.python.g2swaroop.net/byte/ch06s03.html

If this is not wrong, then I dont understand the "while not stop:"
statement right. Please explain this if so.

Thanks.

Derek