[Tutor] What Eval() Hath Men Wrought

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 13:14:57 EDT 2004

> At 17:17 2004-06-24 +0100, Alan Gauld wrote:
> >You can use the Python apply() function to do a similar thing,

> There is no longer any need to use apply, since you have
> the *args and **kwargs constructs since Python 2.0.

So you can I keep forgetting about that.
Mainly coz I think its horrible and much prefer apply.
It fits with the functional model so much more nicely.

But there is no doubt it is less efficient and slightly
less flexible. Certainly the *args/**kwargs nonsense is the
official Pythonic route, no matter how ugly.

Alan G.