[Tutor] (IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor) in IDLE (wrong mailing list?)

Dragonfirebane at aol.com Dragonfirebane at aol.com
Mon Jun 28 13:23:13 EDT 2004

I'm unsure where to submit this, but there appears to be an error with IDLE.
Every so often when i run a module (not a particular one), this comes up and i
have to run it again:

>>> Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON~1.4C1\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1345, in
__call__
    return self.func(*args)
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON~1.4C1\lib\idlelib\ScriptBinding.py", line 135, in
run_module_event
    code = self.checksyntax(filename)
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON~1.4C1\lib\idlelib\ScriptBinding.py", line 96, in
checksyntax
    return compile(source, filename, "exec")
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON~1.4C1\lib\warnings.py", line 116, in warn_explicit
    showwarning(message, category, filename, lineno)
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON~1.4C1\lib\idlelib\PyShell.py", line 55, in
idle_showwarning
    file.write(warnings.formatwarning(message, category, filename, lineno))
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

I apologize if this is off-topic. Does anyone know, if this isn't the right
mailing list, where to submit this? I suspect the issue may be with Tkinter
since the exception is in the Tkinter callback, but I have very little experience
with Tkinter, so I can't make heads or tails of the error message.    Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Orri

Email: dragonfirebane at aol.com