[Tutor] Re: XRCed?

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Mon Jun 28 15:00:06 EDT 2004

Jeff Peery wrote on Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:22:35 -0700 (PDT):

> I was checking out the XRCed program, and I am unfamiliar
>with XML... this is a markup language for web browsers? Is

It's a markup language for anything. You can view it in browser, but it's
not necessarily aimed at browsers; you can store arbitrary data for
arbitrary purposes in XML.

>the XRCed a GUI builder for XML? Can someone give me a brief
>intro to this thing. thanks.

XRCed is a tool which generates an XML file that can be used to show
wxPython interfaces. The XML is simply the data format in which a sort of
description is stored of the elements your wxPython UI has.

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====