[Tutor] Re: Checking for int only

K J game at gameweave.com
Mon Jun 28 17:21:31 EDT 2004

I tried what you said and it work good but when you picked a different  char
other than an int it would just say Please choose an number: and if you
messed up twice then it would say that is not an option. So I did some
fooling around with it and came up with this so that it will say that is not
an option the first time.
So thanks for the help.

number = raw_input("Please choose an number: ")

while True:
    try:
        number = int(number)
        break
    except:
        print '  That is not an option.'
        number = raw_input("Please choose an number: ")