[Tutor] remote directory verification in python

Andrew Fant fant at pobox.com
Mon Jun 28 18:02:30 EDT 2004

Good evening,
   I am working on a launcher script that will start a process on a remote
system for a user.  I would like to be able to check and see if the cwd
exists on the remote host, and if so, start the remote process in that
directory.  Otherwise, I will just print a notification and start the
process in $HOME.   Does anyone have any code snippets that would
demonstrate a reasonable way to do this with python?  The systems will need
to communicate via SSH, but they are configured with public/private keys
that allow for passwordless connections.

Thanks,
	Andy