[Tutor] Re: problem with format

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Tue Jun 29 15:41:19 EDT 2004

Ali Polatel wrote on Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:38:52 -0700 (PDT):

>   Friends I have downloaded a calculator programme written in python
> from www.hotscripts.com ... When I open it with python
> I can only see its codes but I want to run the programme.
> How can i do this?

You have not opened it in Python if you can see the code. You have opened
it in some text editor (perhaps IDLE, the default Python editor that comes
with every Python distro?). If you've opened it in Idle, go and look for
the Run menu option (press F5). If you've opened it in some other text
editor, try double-clicking on it in Explorer. If that doesn't work, make a
new plain text file in the same directory as that calculator, call it
"run.bat" and open it in Notepad.
Write in it:

start "c:\python23\pythonw.exe" calc.py

(replace the python23 path to the path where you installed python and
calc.py with whatever the name of that calculator is).

Save the changes and then double-click on it.

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====