[Tutor] iterables

Christopher Spears cspears2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 13:02:57 EST 2004

Thanks to Karl for showing me the error of my ways!  I
did not look up the definition of the extend function
so much as just played with it to see what it does.
Anyway, I do have another basic question.  What is an
iterable?  Again, this is a definition that I
instinctively understand but have a hard time putting
into words.

The precise definition of the word iterate (according
to my old Webster's dictionary) is to do or say again
or again and again.  Therefore, an iterable must be an
object that you can perform a repetitive action upon,
right?

-Chris