[Tutor] cx_freeze problem

Øyvind Dale Spørck oyvind.sporck at eniro.no
Sat Mar 13 05:20:36 EST 2004

I am trying to use cx_freeze on a program I have written. It opens Excel and starts with the following:

import urllib, urllister

from urllib import urlopen

import re

from string import lower

from sets import Set

from win32com.client import Dispatch

I have both tried Py2exe and cx_freeze. Both gives me errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "spy.py", line 6, in ?

  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\win32com\__init__

  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\win32com\__init__

    __path__.append( win32api.RegQueryValue(key, "Exten

AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'append'

When I run it normally in Python, it works perfect. Is there some additional commands I have to give cx_freeze?

C:\Python23\cx_freeze>FreezePython.exe --base-binary ./ConsoleBase.exe -install -dir spy -t spy.py

Thanks in advance.