[Tutor] Accessing class instances

Karl Pflästerer sigurd at 12move.de
Wed Mar 17 11:09:23 EST 2004

On 17 Mar 2004, Steve George <- stevege at i-way.net.uk wrote:

> I'm having a bit of a problem understanding how to use modules and
> class instances.

To be able to help you it helps a lot if you write a small example where
your problems can be seen.

> The basic idea in my program is to have a number of classes as follows:

> MainProgram()
> 	"" Does all my start-up stuff and controls it """

> Options()
> 	""" parses options and stores them as attributes"""

> DataLoader()
> 	""" Loads a data file and allows operations on it """

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have her three sparate classes.  But
before we know what each class does it's hard to tell.

> I put MainProgram() and Options() classes into one single text file
> and my DataLoader() class into another.

> When I instantiate my DataLoader object I want it to look at the
> instance of my Options() class and pull some information from it.  At
> the moment I get:

> in get_price
>      print Opts.line_size
> NameError: global name 'Opts' is not defined

> I think I have two problems going on:

In which file is that code?  How did you import the other file? (with
example code it would be clear).

   Karl
--
Please do *not* send copies of replies to me.
I read the list