[Tutor] basic question about help()

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 15:04:37 EST 2004

> Also, I have a quick question about the list practices. Is it the
> general practice of this list to cc all those in a thread? I've
> not noticed that in any other list before, but I'm happy to play
> by the local norms (and respect the sig files I've noticed which
> specifically request not to be cc'ed). Thanks,

Hmm, I know a few folks ask for no CC but I admit I usually prefer
it because I get the digest. If there is no CC I don't see replies
till the next digest arrives, whereas with a CC I get replies
immediately. Thus I can respond faster to those threads with
which I'm involved and read the others at leisure.

So I tend to hit Reply All (sorry Karl) as a habit unless I
specifically remember that someone has asked me not to.

Alan G