[Tutor] basic question about help()

Karl Pflästerer sigurd at 12move.de
Wed Mar 17 15:55:49 EST 2004

On 17 Mar 2004, Alan Gauld <- alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

>> Also, I have a quick question about the list practices. Is it the
>> general practice of this list to cc all those in a thread? I've
>> not noticed that in any other list before, but I'm happy to play
>> by the local norms (and respect the sig files I've noticed which
>> specifically request not to be cc'ed). Thanks,

> Hmm, I know a few folks ask for no CC but I admit I usually prefer

Who might that be?

> it because I get the digest. If there is no CC I don't see replies

As a special for you (for your great tutorial) I add you as recipient.

[...]
> So I tend to hit Reply All (sorry Karl) as a habit unless I

No problem; I can live with it :-) The readers and writers of the most
lists (closed lists like this one) I read insist on not getting CCs
since every writer is subscribed to the list.

Now we most only find a way to get back on topic so we don't have too
many OT postings.  I don't know anything; I can only write about my joy
about the new os.walk.  I used it recently to write some code which
helped me cleaning some directories (Cygwin install directories).  I
needed only some minutes and the code is clear and only several lines
long.  I like generators every day a bit more.

   Karl
--
Please do *not* send copies of replies to me.
I read the list