[Tutor] accessing items in nested structure

Karl Pflästerer sigurd at 12move.de
Mon Mar 22 11:04:50 EST 2004

On 22 Mar 2004, kevin parks <- kp8 at mac.com wrote:

> def datas(x):
>      pg01 = [    { (1,0) : [8, 3, 5, 4] },
>              { (7,0) : [4, 3, 2, 2] },
[...]
>              { (41,1) : [2, 0, 3, 1, 6] }]
>      return pg01[x]
> #

[...]
> Hi all. My data structure is getting a little complex with a list of
> dictionaries (which are made up of a tuple key and list value). Now i

Before we go into detail.  Are you sure you need such a complex data
structure?  Why don't you just take one dictionary and put the key/value
pairs in it?  At the moment each dictionary has only one key.  That's a
huge overhead.

If that is cleared it will be easier to answer your question how to
iterate over the structure.

Why do you write a function to store the structure?

   Karl
--
Please do *not* send copies of replies to me.
I read the list