[Tutor] Once again....HTTP Digest Authentication

John Purser johnp at HomeLumber.com
Wed Mar 24 16:20:31 EST 2004

Alan,

Take a look at:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/267197
There seems to be an example there that passes a username and password to a URL.

I found it by Goggling = http, Python, username, password.  Lots of other links listed as well.

Good Luck,

John Purser

-----Original Message-----
From: Allen Schmidt [mailto:aschmidt at fredericksburg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 2:10 PM
To: tutor at python.org
Subject: [Tutor] Once again....HTTP Digest Authentication

Howdy folks,

I did another google search on what I needed and danged if my original question months ago was what popped up.

Back at it again and I need to know (examples, etc) how to call a URL that requires a userid and password using digest authentication to proceed with the request.

I just need a tutor-simplisitic approach as to how to get started.

How do I pass a URL so that I get 'asked' for the userid and pwd? Or how do I pass it all at once? I am just lost as to how to proceed.

If someone might be able to help  but feels this outside of tutor type answers, I am willing to PayPal you for your time. Just let me know.

Thanks!!!

Allen

Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org