[Tutor] Off Topic: Revision control system

Nick Lunt nick at javacat.f2s.com
Tue Mar 30 14:08:24 EST 2004

Hi Folks,

I hope you don't mind me sending this but I thought I'd ask for your
advice :)

I run linux and have a bucket load of python scripts that I regularly
amend and it's starting to get annoying, ie

vi testfile.py
./testfile.py
cp testfile.py testfile2.py
vi testfile2.py
./testfile2.py
cp testfile2.py testfile3.py
vi testfile3.py
etc

I keep copying so I don't destroy something that works.

Now my question is, do you folks use any sort of revision control system
on linux ? I've had a look at CVS and RCS but both seem a bit over the
top for my needs.

Can anyone recommend a simpler solution please ?
Or should I write my own (ha I wish).

Many thanks
Nick.

ps if this does annoy anyone then I apologise.