[Tutor] object oriented programming

Kim Branson kim.branson at csiro.au
Mon Mar 22 07:10:34 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to get some understanding of object oriented programming.
I've found python a very useful language to do things in rapidly. I'm
writing a few scientific applications for my research, and the programs
have grown to be quite complex. A programmer friend has convinced me i
should be using object oriented programming. (He also pointed out there
is a place for both styles...)

I've looked at some of the chapters in the learning python book, but
the oo sections are very brief. I'm having difficulty thinking in the
oo way. I think procedurally about my code and the object way seems
hard to grasp.  I'd appreciate it if anyone can point me at some good
books, or tutorials (preferably python based)

cheers

Kim