[Tutor] list iteration [iteration and mutation?]

Chad Crabtree flaxeater at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 17:19:15 EDT 2004

> Right.  But there is a forth lesson to learn.
> 4. Try a functional approach. e.g.:
> filter(lambda i: predicate(i), lst)
> or
> [i for i in lst if predicate(i)]
> So with your example:
> ['polly', 'dolly', 'pike']
> ['polly', 'dolly', 'pike']

That's pretty cool.  I keep seeing cool tricks like
this but I can never think of them.  In addition I
have been unable to teach myself a functional
language.  Someday.  The neet thing is that is just
about as comprehensible as Haskell.  Which is
comprehensible like gabriels horn is comprehenisble.

Do you Yahoo!?