[Tutor] Multiple Dimension (array/list/whatever it is are).

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon May 10 21:36:04 EDT 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, George Patterson wrote:

> I am involved in a computer network project that uses OSPF which happens
> to use the same algorithm (Dijkstra's algorithm). The length of the edge
> translates into cost of sending data over that route.

Hi George,

OSPF?  Googling...

    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2328.txt

Ah, ok.  I see it:

"""
    16.1.  Calculating the shortest-path tree for an area

        This calculation yields the set of intra-area routes associated
        with an area (called hereafter Area A).  A router calculates the
        shortest-path tree using itself as the root.[22] The formation
        of the shortest path tree is done here in two stages.  In the
        first stage, only links between routers and transit networks are
        considered.  Using the Dijkstra algorithm, a tree is formed from
        this subset of the link state database.  In the second stage,
        leaves are added to the tree by considering the links to stub
        networks.

        The procedure will be explained using the graph terminology that
        was introduced in Section 2.  The area's link state database is
        represented as a directed graph.  The graph's vertices are
        routers, transit networks and stub networks.

[text cut]
"""

Wow.  Sounds like heady and exciting stuff.  I wish I were taking a
networking class...  Well, good luck in implementing it!  *grin*

If you have more Python related questions, please feel free to ask.