[Tutor] some questions about dcom server, SOAP WSDL and Internet Explorer

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 24 13:20:57 EDT 2004

> 1 Some one have information about some implementation of dcom server
> Python?

Look at Mark Hammond's winall package (or the ActiveState version of
Also Marks book Python Programming on Win32 looks like it will be
essential reading for you...

> 2 Some one know a easy way to build WSDL for a Python SOAPpy server?

There is some web documentation around on writing SOAP with Python,
try a Google search.

> 3 I need take control of Internet Explorer  on  Windows  95 or
>     A - Have some way to send HTML, XML direct to IE trough COM or
> like that?

Winall to the rescue here too

>     B - Have some easy way to send messages from javascript inside
of IE
> for a python application using HTTP or some like that?

You can go yto a URL using Javascript, whether thats enough depends
on what you need to do. In general its a bad idea to try that kind of
thing since the browser is liely to be restricted for security
Which is why you can't open local files etc from Javascript in a

>     C - Some one know some small HTTP server implementation in
> For me HTTP server look like a possible solution, but need to be
> for be possible make a little and easy installation for end users.

The http server might do, or the cgi server, both are quite small
by todays standards.

Alan G