[Tutor] Object Orientation : Class XXX : def __init__

kumar s ps_python at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 18:40:11 CET 2004

Dear group,
 I have a basic question and I am sure it might have
been churned a lot. However, the concept is initially
such a rock hard that is not easily palatable.
Although I have been trying to get a grasp, when it
comes to coding, I loose the connection why do I have
to define class: and then always say:

def __init__ function.

Could any one help me please defining __init__
function in terms of a python program.

Please also point me to some good tutorial (preferably
example based case where it shows the differences
between coding some script as an OOP and the other one
as a simple script with out OOP functionality.

Thank you,

Suraj.