[Tutor] disk images?

McLaughlin, Toby tmclaughlin at csu.edu.au
Mon Nov 8 00:34:32 CET 2004

[Note: off-topic]

Hi Lloyd,

I'm not sure about Python, but this is trivial to do with Linux.  In a
Unix/Linux environment, you can mount files as easily as devices (in
fact, devices _are_ files in Unix).  The command to mount a floppy image
would look like:

	mount imagefile /mnt/floppy -o loop

You can then change into the /mnt/floppy directory and do whatever you
want with the contents.  Then you unmount the image ("umount
/mnt/floppy") and write it out to your physical media.

If you don't have a Linux machine handy, consider using a CD based
distribution like Knoppix to do the work.

Good luck,
Toby McLaughlin.