[Tutor] Function calls

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 19:40:53 CET 2004

> 1
> 1
>

> Why isnt it showing '0' as the minimun value. this
> function should report min value irrespective of a
> list or a tuple passed to an argument as a call.

In both cases there are only 6 elements to be sorted,
sort does not unpack nested lists/tuples.

Python's sorting algorithm for lists considers a single item
element to be less than a multi item element. This is an
arbitrary choice (although it makes some sense to me!) and
the author culd have gone the other way but didn't.

HTH,

Alan G