[Tutor] Enter? Tab?

Harov Satmandirvich elrood_corrino_ii at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 03:48:52 CET 2004

I have been going through the Python tutorial and
tried to reproduce one of its first examples:

<script language="JavaScript">

document.write('Hello World\n');

</script>

However, this didn't work.  The only way I could get
the prompt to display the above text like that was to
hit TAB over and over again until the cursor advanced
a line.  Hitting ENTER, of course, enters the line as
if it were a whole program and produces an error.  And
even when I used TAB for the spacing, the example
program didn't work.