[Tutor] adding text to openGL

Meenakshi Roy meenakshi at mbi.ucla.edu
Fri Nov 19 23:16:42 CET 2004

Hi,
    I am a novice to programming and this is my first mailing to the
list.
I am attempting to write a py OpenGL script that gets exon and splice
information from a mysql database, and draws rectangles and lines to
represent them.
My question is: how do I add text, i.e. strings of characters and
integers to the window, as a way of labeling the exons.
When I search in OpenGL.org, I mostly get information about texture
mapping, which is not what I am looking for, I think.

    I have been following the posts on this mailing list--thanks for the
excellent resource!

Meenakshi