[Tutor] Database questions

Chad Crabtree flaxeater at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 18:48:09 CET 2004

Well I would suggest you use Tkinter for the GUI because for what you
want to do.  I do not feel that wxPython or any of the Designers are
really that ready, not like VB or something.  Tkinter can be learned
in
about 14 hours so that you can make interesting stuff, I do not feel
that wxPython can be grokked in a like period of time.  I too had
ambitions of GUI stuff when just starting but have since found CGI to
be
a much easier UI than any other.  However I would like to say that I
use
Pythoncard to good effect, but it is still immature and not really
that
newbie friendly, which I believe none of the GUI designers are mature
enough to be really easy.

HTH

Jay Mutter wrote:

> Good evening;
> I am using OS X 10.3.6 on an ibook where I have python 2.3.3 and
> wxPython 2.5.3.1 installed with mxDateTime, Postgresql and psycopg.
>
> What i would like to know ( remember I have not really started
using
> python or any of the others) is what would you suggest as a GUI
> designer to work with the above for someone who wants to develop a
GUI