[Tutor] wxGlade installing

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 25 21:43:32 CET 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Johan Geldenhuys wrote:

> I am trying to use wxGlade.py and get this error:
> widgets and GTK+ is already installed.
> Can anybody please help?
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "wxglade.py", line 148, in ?
>     run_main()
>   File "wxglade.py", line 135, in run_main
>     import main
>   File "/usr/lib/wxGlade/main.py", line 10, in ?
>     from widget_properties import *
>   File "/usr/lib/wxGlade/widget_properties.py", line 16, in ?
>     from xml.sax.saxutils import escape
> ImportError: No module named xml.sax.saxutils

Hi Johan,

I'll assume for the moment that you're running some kind of Linux
distribution.  Some distributions of Linux do include Python as part of
the main core, but they separate some of the standard library components,
like XML parsing, out of the main core, since not everyone has to do XML
parsing.

It appears that your system's missing the 'xml.sax.saxutils' standard
library module.  If you are running a linux distribution like Debian,
you'll probably need to grab the 'python-xml' package:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&version=all&exact=1&keywords=python-xml

This all assumes, of course, that you're running a standard Linux
distribution like Debian.  *grin* Can you tell us more details about your
system's configuration?  That'll help us to better pinpoint the issue.

Good luck to you.