[Tutor] Change to Python 2.4?

Jacob S. keridee at jayco.net
Thu Nov 25 21:12:27 CET 2004

Hi everybody!

    How hard would it be to change to python 2.4? I have a lot of added
things in my site-packages. I DO NOT want to keep two versions of python on
my system due to the import problems, etc. Could I just copy my
site-packages over to the new python 2.4 folder? Also, is there a list of
new things in python 2.4? I have seen enough on this list to know that it
would be advantageous for me to download it. Is it completely backwards
compatible? IOW, if I change out the interpreters, will all of my current
scripts written for 2.3 work for 2.4? It wouldn't be too much of a bother if
it isn't. Um... Let's see... That's it.

Thanks in advance,
Jacob Schmidt