[Tutor] Adding patches

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Nov 29 22:14:40 CET 2004

The patch is a change to the Python source code. To apply it, you need
to be able to build Python from source. This page has some brief
instructions:
http://www.python.org/download/download_source.html

But looking at the thread you referenced, it sounds like the problem is
caused by very large functions. Does your program have large functions
(thousands of lines of code)? Can you refactor it to break it into
smaller chunks?

Kent