[Tutor] horizontal scrollbars

Ajay abra9823 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Sat Oct 2 09:13:06 CEST 2004

i cant seem to get my scrollbars right. i'd like one vertical and one
horizontal. vertical is coming fine. but horizontal also gets displayed as
a vertical
my code is
self.topAgreements = Toplevel(self.frame)
scrollbar = Scrollbar(self.topAgreements)
scrollbar.pack(side=RIGHT, fill=Y)
h_scrollbar = Scrollbar(self.topAgreements)
h_scrollbar.pack(side=BOTTOM, fill=X)
text = Text(self.topAgreements, width=30, height=20,
yscrollcommand=scrollbar.set, xscrollcommand=h_scrollbar.set)
text.insert(INSERT, str)
text.pack(side=LEFT, fill=BOTH)

my horizontal bar gets displayed at the bottom, but its aligned vertically
rather than horizontally