[Tutor] import'ing problems (path)

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Tue Oct 5 20:29:18 CEST 2004

* Kent Johnson <kent_johnson at skillsoft.com> [041005 05:10]:
> Tim,

  Hi Kent:
> Did you run the WebWare installer or just unpack the distribution file?

  I ran the Webware installer, it did not appear to copy files
  elsewhere.
> Usually third-party libraries are installed in Python/lib/site-packages.

  So... I reinstalled, by unpacking to
  /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Webware,
  then ran the webware installer again, said installation was
  successful.

  Now, Page.pyc is at
  /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Webware/WebKit
  Now, if I code:
  import Webware.WebKit ## and stop the program here, there is no
                        ## ImportError exception thrown
  If I code
  import Webware.WebKit.Page
  ## I get the ImportError: "No module named MiscUtils"
  MiscUtils is a directory at the same level ast WebKit.

  Not sure where to go from here.......
  whew!
  tim

--