[Tutor] my own site-package

nik my.mailing.lists at noos.fr
Wed Oct 6 16:30:17 CEST 2004

I seem to have got it working, but I'm not sure why.

If I run the python interpreter in the same folder as my module, then doing;

import mymodule

works fine, and I'm able to call all the methods in mymodule.py

If I create a folder called mymodule under site-packages, then the above
doesn't work *unless* I do;

from mymodule import *

I'm not seeing the distinction between the two situations - was naming
the folder the same as the python file a mistake perhaps?

nik