[Tutor] OOP books

Kent Johnson kent_johnson at skillsoft.com
Sat Oct 9 23:24:52 CEST 2004

I don't have a book to recommend that directly teaches OOP, but rather some
that show by example.

Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software is a
classic. It shows you a number of common object-oriented software patterns.
http://www.aw-bc.com/catalog/academic/product/0,1144,0201633612,00.html

Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices
demonstrates object-oriented design and design patterns in the context of
agile development.
http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/bookstore/books/AgileSoftwareDevelopmentPPP

Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code will show you how to
recognize code "smells" and apply simple refactorings to improve it.
http://martinfowler.com/books.html#refactoring

Kent