[Tutor] visual development environs?

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Fri Oct 15 03:45:00 CEST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Thomas Clive Richards wrote:

> I'm looking for a visual development environment (I'm not sure this si the
> right term) similar to blackadder
> (http://www.thekompany.com/products/blackadder/).

(and then, later...)

> I forgot to mention that it has to run under Linux
> (thus the MS visual studio plugins are out of the picture)....

I've been idly wondering about running Eclipse (which is an IDE intended
for Java development, and that runs under the Java VM, so should be okay
under Linux) along with Pydev for Eclipse for the Python support.

I haven't tried this, so I don't put this out as a recommendation, but you
might want to look at it.

(And then let us know how it went!)

URLs:
 http://www.eclipse.org/
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/

Note there are other Eclipse-based Python projects listed at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/EclipsePythonIntegration>, but
pydev seems to be the leader.