[Tutor] Re: META: Tutor is set not to munge reply-to

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Sat Oct 16 02:41:43 CEST 2004

On Oct 16, 2004, at 00:39, Danny Yoo wrote:

> Hi Max,
>
> Yes, but there are good reasons for not munging the reply-to headers:
>
>     http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>
> So I hope that makes sense why we keep the mailing list on the default
> non-munging settings.

	Yeah, that article makes some good points. It's just a matter of
habit, I guess... All the other mailing lists I'm on use the Reply-to
header, so I guess I was expecting all the lists in the world to work
in that fashion, not because that's the optimal way (it isn't) but
because that's what I'm used to.
	Lemming syndrome. And to think I spend my days bashing others because
of that. :p

-- Wild_Cat
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"