[Tutor] Over optimizing

Bill Mill bill.mill at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 22:09:33 CEST 2004

Hello,

as probably the guy you're talking at, I just want to say that I agree
100%. The topic just kind of came up in one thread, but I introduced
it into another. I find that sometimes optimization is fun for its own
sake, and to learn a little bit more about the environment in which
you're programming or operating.

However, as you say, these are treacherous waters. When I write actual
programs, I don't even think about optimization until after the
program's operational, and I can find the bottlenecks in it.

Most likely, the tutor mailing list is not the place for these
discussions. I will try to refrain from them in the future.

Peace
Bill Mill
bill.mill at gmail.com