[Tutor] has anybody.......

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 19 17:27:17 CEST 2004

On Oct 19, 2003, at 15:57, Cody wrote:

> has anybody ever did any hacking with python., if so how would u
> program with it to do so.
> just cirouis.

	Depends on your definition of "hacking"...
	If you use the real definition of the word (where "hacking" refers to
coding nifty programs for the sheer fun of it), then we all have, yes.
	If, as I suspect, by "hacking" you actually mean "cracking"
(participating in destructive and usually illegal activities such as
computer highjacking -- which is *not* a valid sense of the word
"hacking"), then:

1) Some of us may have.
2) However, I suspect that very few of us would pride themselves on
doing so.
3) The reasoning behind 2) is that helping to build things is always
more rewarding (intellect-, moral-, karma- and respect-wise) than
destroying them. To put it another way, if Python was a brand of
automobiles, this would be a mailing-list for (beginner) mechanics, and
you'd basically be asking "have you guys ever done any car-jacking?".
4) As for "how", all of course depends on what you want to do. AFAIK
there is no magic "crack" command in Python (or in any other
programming language for that matter) that allows you to crack
computers like in movies.

	Anyway, that doesn't really matter. If you want to become a Python
mechanic, you'll find plenty of people here willing to help you out.
Welcome aboard!

-- Wild_Cat
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"