[Tutor] mod_python question Was: methods versus functions (using lists as an example)

Chad Crabtree flaxeater at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 05:41:19 CEST 2004

Max Noel wrote:

>     I'm hitting a roadblock, though, when it comes to web
programming
> with mod_python. The documentation I've found about it is quite
terse,
> and mod_python's logic seems completely alien to me (I was
expecting
> something that works exactly like CGI but faster). Are there any
good
> tutorials on the subject, by the way?

I to had trouble with mod_python at first.  However in the
documentation
it tells you how to install it's CGI_HANDLER that behaves the same as

CGi except for one gotcha that I've discovered.   This idiom does not
work.

if __name__=="__main__":

Apparently the handler is the main and the cgi script is more like a
module (just a guess).