[Tutor] Loops

Jeremiah Rushton Jeremiah.Rushton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 17:33:58 CEST 2004

I'm trying to write a program that will act like an instant messaging
thing.  I can't get the program (socket module) to continuously
recieve while sending whenever the user wants it to.  I wanted to know
if I can code part of the program to stay in a while loop while the
rest of the program is preforming other tasks.  If there is a
different more efficient way to accomplish this than while loops,
please tell me.  I'm thinking I might have to run two programs at the
same time but I'm making the program in Tkinter to be more user
friendly, and I wanted all the text recieved and sent to appear in a
text box.  I don't know how to make two programs run in the same
Tkinter window, if that is the best way to do it.

Please HELP

Jeremiah