[Tutor] COM ports?

Kent Johnson kent_johnson at skillsoft.com
Thu Oct 21 17:59:50 CEST 2004

Several options:
The pywin32 library has a demo showing how to access the COM ports with
win32file
Get pywin32 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/, install it and
look at
C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\win32\Demos\win32comport_demo.py

Universal Serial Port Python Library -
http://balder.prohosting.com/ibarona/en/python/uspp/uspp_en.html
winioport - http://www.geocities.com/dinceraydin/python/indexeng.html

I haven't tried any of these but they should give you a place to start.

Kent